Friday 26 March 2010

Day 80: Mostafa

I'm not usually one for striking up conversations with strangers on public transport, in fact most of the time I consciously avoid it, but on the flight to Dublin two weeks ago I met Mostafa, who made me realise that sometimes it really is worth chatting to strangers.
I was heading to Dublin for a reunion of the Everest Base Camp trek. Mostafa, my fellow Ryanair passenger (all of us sandwiched into seats you need to amputate your arms in order to fit comfortably into), turned out to be the first Jordanian to SUMMIT EVEREST! His story was amazing, he had the most incredibly inspiring photos of his expedition on his iPhone and it was all in all a real pleasure to meet him. He's a North and South Pole short of completing the 7 summits on 7 Continents so watch this space for further news.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a man. Something for us all to inspire to. That's a really great photo of him, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete