Thursday 17 June 2010

Day 144: Strawberries and Raspberries

I almost, almost plucked up enough courage to ask Sylvain Chomet if I could take his picture this evening after his appearance at the Edinburgh Film Festival. But in the end, the courage eluded me and I kicked myself all the way to the allotment. So it could have been a picture of the great, great God of animation - if you haven't seen his beautiful film Belleville Rendevous (or Les Triplettes de Belleville) I'm not sure I have enough superlatives to recommend it enough. His new film 'The Illusionist' is out on general release in August and looks to be equally brilliant.
But sadly, it was not to be. A big, fat raspberry for me and an allotment strawberry for you.
But I think I learned a good lesson this evening. I need more courage. Balls.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Jo, you could even have said it in Franglais, no? I'm sure you could have charmed him, or at least sneakily snapped him as he staggered into the gents?

    ReplyDelete