Thursday 6 May 2010

Day 108: Elections and other momentous events

OK, I know this sounds like one of those 'face of Jesus in the marmite' moments but don't you think that the shadow on David Cameron's left hand shows him clearly crossing his fingers?

Come on, no? Yes? It does, doesn't it?
Can't he make all the promises he likes with his fingers crossed and not follow though on them, I think it does?
Well I'm going to start that conspiracy theory anyway, especially if we wake up tomorrow to find him grinning from the doorstep of Number 10.
I'm wishing we could just suspend democracy for the next 5 years and institute a panel of economic and apolitical experts who can navigate our way out of this fiscal disaster without needing to worry about vote-pleasing sound bites and partisan politics.
I've voted but I'm depressed about the whole thing. I won't be watching any election coverage for that reason but I will be waking regularly through the night to check on this.
Brighid's brother, Domnall and his climbing partner Lucille are, as we speak, making their way to the summit of Everest, hoping to reach the top sometime in the night or early morning and make their way down to safety before the weather turns tomorrow afternoon.
I've been completely hooked on Lucille's blog and I wish them a successful and safe next few hours.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment