Sunday 12 September 2010

Day 214: Prawns - Nyonya style

I've been very bad at blogging this week. I could blame a conference but that only accounts for a couple of days, the rest, I can only say is down to general lethargy. But it's the weekend and I spent this one doing my most favourite thing in the whole world.
Cooking.
And eating.
And drinking (as an integral part of eating).
Starting on Saturday, with shopping, chopping, marinading and prepping. Finishing on Sunday with glorious feasting - a bonanza of colour and flavour.
This weekend was a splendid Malaysian feast (thanks to the Sainsbury's magazine!).
Nyonya-style prawns with a ginger and garlic dipping sauce for starters.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great jo, both the food and the photo. Taking good pictures of food is a lot harder than you'd think. Any leftovers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Al, it's true, the first few attempts made the food look very unappetising. Doing full justice to it is quite hard. So glad you like it. Unfortunately, no leftovers, but will make this again now I have all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete