Tuesday 5 January 2010

Day 5: Baubles to you

As this was my first day back at work since deciding to begin this project, I was interested to know what suitable photographic subjects might come my way in the course of a working day.

It was as I suspected.
An average work day sadly involves a very narrow trajectory of experience, depressingly so and if I was to stick to the notion of the 'Photo a Day' reflecting something of what has happened to me that day then after 365 days of this, I will be presiding over the blog equivalent of the lone pianist in a sad, sequined shirt serenading the man mopping the floor. You will all have gone home long ago (if indeed you were ever here, but that's a later conversation that I shall have with myself) and I may well have slit my wrists in the realisation that I have catalogued on film the interior life of an immobile ant.
So Baubles to that! This won't be a catalogue of my day but if there is something worth photographing such as the large, shiny balls I hung in my office before Christmas, then perhaps, just perhaps....

I'm going to call this one 'Self-portrait with balls'

Posted by Picasa




No comments:

Post a Comment