Monday 11 January 2010

Day 11: Still life with gin and leather

I often find that when struggling for a subject to take a photo of in a day, a quick dig through the bottle recycling, stealing the sitting room door stop, placing them both on a piece of old wallpaper is always a good start. Don't you find that too?
So here we are, a still life with an empty bottle of Hendrick's gin and a giant, leather medicine ball.
Actually, I have to say that I've never really understood the attraction of still life. The notion of hanging a painting of two pork chops and a half eaten apple on your wall, well it eludes me.
Really the main reason for taking this picture today was that I wanted to try out some indoor lights that I bought last year and still don't really know how to use properly. The clarity in the picture really surprised me, so I think I will try this again. I'll work on my still life composition too and if I have any kind of Eureka moment on the subject then I will, of course, share it with you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment