Thursday 21 January 2010

Day 21: Big news

Big, big news, today. I just found out that this photo I took in Nepal on the EBC trip in October has been shortlisted for the Wanderlust Travel Photo of the Year award in the category of 'Travel Icons'.

I am totally, totally chuffed to buckets as apparently they receive over 6,000 entries each year and only 10 pictures are shortlisted in each of four categories.

So Friday 5th Feb I go to London for the awards ceremony and a Meet the Experts drinks reception. As it's on the shortlist, the photo will appear in the Wanderlust magazine, The Independent newspaper and be exhibited at the Destinations Travel Show in both London and Birmingham - so you know what, I already feel like a winner.

Having said that, however, please think happy thoughts for me anyway, on the 5th Feb because of course, I'd love to win the category and pick up the first prize of a photography trip to Ecuador.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing news. Well done indeed! I hope you win the trip, it sounds like a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I still haven't been round to see all the photos and get the news of the trip! Please forgive me and I hope to remedy the situation soon. Ben.

    ReplyDelete